I've been thinking this over for about a month now and it looks like this is going to work out. Following Alex's bachelor party, I realized that we should probably have more large-scale, catered events. So I started working on a schedule and thought of some ideas which would be sustainable for the years to come. And by "years to come", I'm definitely thinking MEGA long-term.
So in the end it was decided that I had the time and energy to commit 4 dates around the calendar year. And here they are:
Thanx4Za -- Almost always the Saturday after Thanksgiving*
WinterFest -- Around President's day/My Birthday/All-Star Saturday
LANFest (or something else) -- Sometime around Memorial Day, hopefully in the middle of a Cavaliers playoff run
SummerFest -- Around August. This will be the premier BBQ event.
*This year's first event was effectively Alex's Bachelor party, which took the place of Thanx4Za. This year's "Saturday after Thanksgiving" event will instead be the first of a monthly series of Tabletop Gaming events.
As mentioned previously, these premier events will have catered food and a large variety of drink options. Our first event was catered by Stancato's, I will continue to use them, as well as other restaurants for food options. In August, I definitely plan on a pig roast, so that is definitely something to look forward to!
For right now, the plan is to host everything at my house, however there may come a time when other venues may be more appropriate (either due to crowd size or theme of the event). The good news is that now a structure is in place, it is now possible to plan everything well in advance and accomplish more.
Oh -- and one last thing! These events are intended to be friendly for all-ages and sexes! Most of the time, the intention is not to have the "bachelor party" atmosphere (even though the ladies would have probably found our antics quite amusing). But I just wanted to reassure anyone who may have been wondering.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment