The past 3 months or so have been quite a lot of fun, as I've been able to run around and get out of the house and truly experience "life" much more than I have anytime in the recent past. I've definitely been a lot more energized than before, as well as having a greater motivation to get stuff done. The funny part is, I probably got LESS done than before, mostly since much of my time was dedicated to running around playing games and everything else that is completely awesome in life. So let me briefly summarize the results of my grand experiment for you all...
I basically tried to spend as much time "out" of the house visiting friends and engaging in different types of activities. While before I was spending 1 night per week (not counting weekends) out at most, I was now doing stuff 3 or 4 nights. So after all this time, I'm feeling just a little burnt out. Not entirely, since I still enjoy doing the same things. It's just that I'm not really accomplishing much as far as tangible results when I'm running around having fun, and that bothers me a little bit. I still have a number of individual hobbies (family tree stuff crept up on me in the past 2 weeks) as well as obligations around the house that really can't fall behind. I don't think it will be too difficult to strike a balance.
The other thing I am trying to work on is a clearer vision of the future. Ever since I've lived alone, I never really projected much of what I wanted my future to look like. Like most people of my temperament, I lived mostly in the present and just lived day to day, learning and doing new things with no obvious strategic plan. I would like that to change, and even though I've taken some baby steps in the past 6 months with LifeQuest and the Futurist/Inventor aspiration, there aren't really any well-defined goals I've set out to follow. Part of this is because I often simply switch directions when something else grabs my attention, but I also understand that I will hotly pursue an objective if I am passionate enough about it. I need to use this to my advantage, and the more exposure I get to successful people, the better!
What else can I say for right now? I'm in a really good position. I've got good motivation for a few individual pursuits (which I will not mention until I'm ready), my work has been fulfilling and I have just the right amount of space to further pursue all that I'm interested in.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment