Yeah, I was a real crab yesterday. It must have been from the crab legs I ate at Pickle Bill's on Saturday night. Actually, it was the very first time I've ever ate crab (except for crab cakes) and probably the most money I've spent on a dinner. I'm perfectly fine with going out to a nice dinner once in awhile like this, but what I really don't understand are those who do this type of thing all the time and actually earn less than I do. I mean, I could easily cook all the stuff myself at home and create a wonderful ambiance in my own kitchen. At least that's the way my mind works, and I completely respect those who think different.
Yesterday I started listening to a new XM music channel: Lithium. This station carries nothing but 90's (and supposed 2000's) alternative rock, which is basically the soundtrack of my high school and college (if you can even call it that) years. Now that I'm pushing 30, I feel a certain awkwardness when I am jamming to this stuff as if I've become the old fart and preferring music of yesteryear over some of the newer stuff. But I only think this is a temporary phase and I'll be going back to my XM staples, Alt Nation and Sirius XMU. Actually what started this was the fact that I'm secretly hoping for a new XM station that plays indie rock from the mid-90's through 2009. XMU plays mostly new stuff and the earlier material is severely underrepresented. Let's face it...we have a station for 80's alternative (1st wave), 90's alternative (Lithium) but not much in the Indie category. I'm sad. Actually I'm feeling just a little bit of teen angst. All over again.
So I think this is the first time I've used the forbidden number '30' in one of my blogs. This means something, but I'm not exactly sure what it is yet. I think it might be the new 'magic age' where one becomes a full-fledged adult. Maybe it's where the game officially ends and I'm left a broken, miserable and crotchety old man. Whatever it is, I'm ready for whatever hand life deals.
I think I'm finally back to reading on a consistent basis. And writing too. After many a distraction I still believe this is the path to victory for me. Victory, meaning the ability to do whatever I want. Except I can pretty much do that right now, but I need to convince myself that I can't. Or something to that very nature. Whatever it is, I'm going to be playing a lot of computer games in the next month or more. And throw in a softball game here and there.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment