Yep I'm still here!
Might start up this blog again - I've been writing on my personal private blog fairly consistently and most of it is pretty safe to publish to the public. In the past couple years I've become a little more leery about what I say online, and how certain opinions could potentially be used against me later on down the road. My hope is nowadays I'm a little more careful and tactful now of how I write. Or something like that.
That said, I've been doing a decent amount of reading still. Just received a huge shipment of new books in the past week, this should keep me occupied for awhile. And yes, I still prefer paper to digital. I've read a little bit on the iPad and it works well for the most part. I read mostly in my living room so sunlight isn't an issue. My main beef is the fact that I don't own anything physical; and that the 1's and 0's in an eBook are only as good as the device (or service) I'm using. While an iPad (or iTunes account) probably won't survive for 100 years, the physical book certainly will. Also as an aside, I can find most used books on Amazon for less than the cost of the electronic version. Lastly, I just think it's cool to have my own library; both at home and work. I don't do much decorating in either place, so at least a full bookshelf or two adds a bit of personality.
Speaking of decorating, I'm often asked about decorations in my home and office. I'm not a huge lover of pictures and/or posters, but yet I'm often very inquisitive of those which others have on their walls. Maybe I'm just too afraid that someone will judge me based on anything I hang on the wall, or perhaps I see a blank wall as a way of showing humility. I don't know. There's 2 ideas I have for wall posters. One is Thomas Edison in his study; the other is Buckminster Fuller and a model of his Dymaxion house.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment