Friday, December 11, 2009

Relaxing day and more awesome happenings

The weekend began early for me, as I took the day off. Stayed up late last night (Browns game, more LOL, reading, etc.) so I didn't get up until after noon. But I still managed to accomplish a couple things. First, I finished reading '48 Days to the Work you Love'. The book itself is mainly targeted for those looking to find a new, fulfilling job. Even though I'm not one of them, it was still incredibly inspirational and reinforced some of my attitudes towards work. The next couple books I plan on reading will be of different nature; I just started on one tonight on the topic of video game design. Following that, I have a book coming authored by Buckminster Fuller, a famous inventor and futurist himself.

On a completely different note, today was technically the first day I began doing yoga (the exercises/poses). I say "technically" because I have started to do a lot of stretching and "poses" for the past few weeks, but have not really done any serious research. So the experience has been very positive so far and I'm really hoping to integrate yoga into my life. Right now, I'm in the business of feeding the body and mind, so I think this is just what I've been looking for.

Tuesday I got my braces taken off finally. Not much here to say except it feels awesome. So now the next step is getting my gums healed up, then new shiny white crowns on the front teeth. Oh yeah, I can eat certain foods again too! Did somebody say...steak???

So I've played a considerable amount of LOL since my last post. Most of what I've written still applies, however I believe the correlation to DotA is even stronger now. I will say however, that the game is much faster paced and offense-driven. Almost similar to the original DotA (not Allstars) where towers could be pushed at very early levels, especially if left undefended. Still learning the new heroes (will take quite awhile) but overall I'm still very pleased. Tomorrow's gathering will be very fun.

Lastly, I am going to stop using my alarm clock in the morning. Since age 7, I've had the same clock and it's pretty effective at getting me up. So it's going to be quite a change but something I can handle. At first glance, it might seem like a death wish and I'll oversleep like crazy, but in reality it puts myself in control. I'm curious to find out if more people have done this, and how it has affected them.

No comments:

Post a Comment