Everyone that lives in Northeast Ohio knows what I'm talking about -- winter starts out fairly innocent enough. But then by the time February and March come along everything just seems to draaaaaag. Fortunately enough, we had a pretty good January. February has been a different story, as we haven't reached the freezing mark in a couple weeks and the snow continues to pile up. As such, my interests and activities tend to shift over the course of winter, normally up until around mid-April when I tend to begin heavy focus on summer activities.
This year is no different...I've stayed home most days and been involved in pursuits such as League of Legends, reading, writing, movies, and following the Cavs. Last Sunday I finished up George Carlin's autobiography titled "Last Words", which gave me an even greater insight into George's personality. It gave me even greater reinforcement that we both have very similar personalities and I can learn a great deal from his experiences. Currently, I'm reading "This Changes Everything", which is a collection of responses from futurists, industry leaders, professors, researchers and scientists when asked the question "what will change everything in the future?" Right up my alley, and most definitely one of the most engaging reads I've had to this day.
Last night I watched Ferris Bueller's day off for the first time, with the help of my friends -- a bag of shelled pecans and a bag of Raisinets. Cannot beat that. I happened to have a really sore tailbone yesterday and this may have been the best possible medicine. Along with a 12-hour sleep session last night. It's weird how I've been having all these various aches and pains and yet they all seem to go away and everything is better. At least I might just have an opportunity to do some yoga tonight, we'll see. Tomorrow I'm supposed to go play some basketball and get myself in shape to play in a league over the spring. Finally, I have something to work towards physically.
I'm still riding high on the League of Legends train. Just reached Level 30 last week and trying hard to get better at my game. It seems the harder I try, the more incompetent my teammates seem and this isn't good. In a sense, I'm afraid of becoming an elitist, so I have a couple ways to deal with that. At this point I may be better off playing new heroes in order to get a better feel for their strengths and weaknesses. Perhaps I may even find one I'm really good at, and broaden my capabilities. Whichever way you slice it, I'm still anxiously awaiting ranked games and additional features that are promised by Riot. I can be patient about things (when it comes to computer games, development time tends to be grossly underestimated), and hoping that one day the game will become an even bigger hit.
Speaking of which, I'm still considering what it would take for me to get back in the hobby of high-end computer hardware and gaming. Not only this, but the introduction of Windows 7 has me a little pumped as well, as almost a platform for a "fresh start" of sorts. I'm still not sure...there's a lot going on right now and I'd have to create time from this and it has to come from SOMEWHERE! So who really knows...all I can say is that it's on my short list of activities to consider in the coming months. Also on the list are the following: competitive frisbee with Rex, reviving the backyard garden, painting the rooms inside my house, dabbling with the next generation of interactive games, attending more MENSA-related events, fishing (what???), finding smarter ways to earn money.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment