This should be my life motto. Except it really isn't a motto, more like a question, or more accurately two questions. The subject of the question doesn't matter much, as long as answers are pursued to a suitable extent, no more and no less. When I discover all there is to be found, I quickly drop the subject and move onto the next question. There's many of them out there, and I suppose I make it a point to take on as many challenges as I can possibly handle.
However I have found some universal answers that can be applied to almost everyone single one of my encounters...from work, home, away, online, etc. I'd like to share these findings.
What works: approaching every situation with an open mind, with the possibility of finding a wide range of solutions, most of which will fail miserably
What doesn't work: having a pre-conceived solution without exploring other angles and iterations.
What works: soft-spokenness and benevolence. Appreciation and respect for the people who provide your company.
What doesn't work: the appearence of being flustered or annoyed. Looking for your best interest instead of the best for the other. Agreeing simply for the sake of agreement.
What works: a positive attitude, always knowing that there are solutions to every problem imaginable. Everything is attainable, even which is perceived as impossible.
What doesn't work: negativity. I don't want to hear it. Don't tell me that something isn't fixable. Dwelling on the bad while not seeing the good. It's everywhere, and it's very easy to find.
What works: a good diet and exercise regimen, plenty of rest, free time, and ability to enjoy doing 'nothing'
What doesn't work: sitting all day, not paying attention to proper nutrition, lack of exercise/flexibility, inability to move around at will, all work and no play, all play and no work.
What works: speed and efficiency, appropriate amount of effort and energy at appropriate times, willingness to take initiative and control of a situation as needed
What doesn't work: complicated processes which promote sluggishness and inefficiency, inability to increase or decrease energy appropriately, constant hunger for power and control.
There's more, but these are the first which come to mind. While most of these are fairly obvious and can be found in almost any self-help/motivation books, they are very, very true and most effective when they are endorsed by multiple sources.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment