Time is flying...there's absolutely no doubt about that. January is almost over and done with and I have no idea where it ever went. The best I can say is that my hand (and foot) are relatively functional and the horrible, horrible sinus infection appears to have subsided. At least I have that going for me. Everything else is going as planned which, unfortunately, can be rather lackluster at times.
I'm crawling back into a phase where I'm beginning to blame "lack of time" for my sense of unfulfillment. This isn't good...especially when my job seems to be the number one culprit. Sometimes it feels like I'm trapped and the only possible way to get more free time is to demand a 2-day work week. NOT going to happen!
At the end of last year I decided I was going to spend some time looking back at the previous 5 years of my life. Well, that really hasn't happened at all. Why? Besides the proverbial "I don't like living in the past", I really can't think of any reason to do so. Ninety percent of my life is relatively boring and the interesting parts can always be experienced again and again. Even though I am definitely the adventurous/exploring type, I'm not one to have a constant need to live on the edge of my seat. Yet. At times I feel like I'm way too disciplined for my own good, but I try to extract as much benefit from that as I can.
One huge concern regarding bloggers and Facebookers, in general, has been the issue of privacy and revealing personal information, words, pictures or opinions that may be used against you. As a working professional myself, I've definitely made it a very important rule to keep everything on the internet clean and safe for anyone who might view my "works". Actually, I've held the same opinion ever since I began publishing on the Web, some 14 years ago. And wow, am I glad I did...as I'm constantly finding old Usenet posts from the '90's floating around when I Google my name. But then again, why would anyone possibly want to Google my name? I probably shouldn't worry about that, but at least I can rest assured that everything I write online is completely honest, with the knowledge that anyone can access it. Sure, Facebook (and other social networking sites) have privacy management which works to a certain extent. But good judgment and common sense is always the best policy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment