First and foremost, I'd like to wish all my readers a very happy and enjoyable new year. If there's one request that I make for everyone, it is that the do at least *one* memorable thing per year. These positive experiences add up significantly over time and provide a very nice basis for analyzing life progress and trends. I'm hoping that I have the ability to provide myself several new opportunities during 2010, and to be able to continue the efforts which I began several months ago.
Looking back at 2009, it would be very easy to say that it was my best year ever. I accomplished so much, and was able to see the world around me in an entirely new light. Over the next couple weeks, I'll go back and analyze some of my personal highlights of 2009...and there certainly are a lot of them!
Getting into some more-current news of note -- I'm once again able to type and use a computer to full capacity. My right hand has improved, even though it is still very sore at times, and I'm yet to reacquire the full range of motion. Be that as it may, I'm in much greater spirits. Tomorrow I get to see an orthopedic surgeon to figure out what might be going on inside this hand of mine. Also, I noticed that I have something floating around in my elbow, which may be the source of occasional pain. I'm guessing this will be something that needs to be removed surgically, so I need to find out whether or not this is a worthwhile venture.
For the past week, I've been battling a bad cold/sinus infection. Due to the fact I'm taking a good amount of ibuprofen (for my hand), some of the symptoms may be getting masked. I remember having the same affliction last year around this time, and it took 2-3 weeks for everything to clear. I guess the only thing I can really do is try to increase my physical activity (which is near zero, admittedly) and eat a balanced diet and take vitamin supplements.
Since I haven't been able to use a computer recently, I haven't had much opportunity to play any more League of Legends until yesterday. I hosted a LAN party last night and as expected, we had a great time. I've still got January 16th as the next "official" LAN party date. I've mentioned this before, but I'd really like to try to branch out and attract some newcomers to my LAN parties. Still not sure how this may be implemented, but from what I can tell, LoL is a much more marketable game in terms of LAN party play than DotA or WoW were.
Browns finished up the season with their 4th straight victory. I think Mangini should stay...I've liked him as a coach from the beginning and realized that we would probably get worse before things got better. And they did. For the off-season, I think we need to acquire a solid receiver and upgrade our defensive secondary.
It's been cold and snowy here. At least the winter weather held off until the final week of December (we sometimes get snowstorms as early as mid-November). That being said, I'm definitely already feeling the effects of the "winter blues" but as the days get longer there's always hope for light at the end of the tunnel. Perhaps I need to plan a vacation during the middle of winter in 2011. At least the cold temperatures haven't bothered me too much...it's not that bad as long as you're dressed appropriately.
So guess what -- I'm actually floating around the idea of getting a pool table for the basement. Except there really isn't enough room to put it. We still have an old table at my mom's house and perhaps I'll see if I can move it over here. It's small and not too heavy so it really wouldn't interfere much with current operations. In related news, I've played more pool lately and am really beginning to like it again. As a child, I started playing when I was 3 and practiced very long and hard for many years. I won a "juniors" tournament when I was 10 and continued playing until I was around 12 or 13 (then it became basketball or bust). Speaking of which, I need to start playing basketball again.
Finally, I continue to read "The Critical Path" by Buckminster Fuller. For all those unaware, B. Fuller was a well-known inventor and futurist of the 20th century. He invented the geodesic dome structures found almost everywhere. In addition to his inventions, he held a vision of sustainable energy (primarily solar) and increased technology leading to further efficiencies which would allow humanity to enjoy a very high standard of living. I've found that I share much of his vision, and so in turn I found this book to be very fascinating and informative.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment