A lot has happened in the past two weeks and unknown to most, there have been a number of swings in both physical and emotional feeling. So my response has been to turn things down a notch, reconfigure my thoughts and take care of whatever is really important.
First thing is my health, which hasn't been the greatest lately and I have no reason to let that continue. So I've taken a number of steps to help rectify the problem and trying to find a sustainable routine. This is always the hardest thing for me to do. My diet has actually become much better over the past year or so, and that's a start. My ankle hasn't been 100% in over a year, and I believe most of that is due to the lack of stretching and overall strength. Let's face it -- I sit around in at my desk most of the day, even though I probably get up and walk around more than most white-collar workers. But that in itself isn't enough. Right now I can't even say that softball season will be a cure, since I haven't been able to run around good with my foot problems.
In addition to diet, I need to incorporate some sort of strength and cardio training. Last month I did a little bit of research on yoga and tried it. I liked it, but never revisited the idea until this week. It is definitely something I can see myself doing, especially considering my natural agility and flexibility. But as always, I really need to make time for this sort of thing. And that's something that is a much larger problem and my struggles with it continue.
Next week I am hosting my next premier event -- the ZA Winterfest. I'm really excited about this and am certain everything will go enjoyably. Once again I am going to order dinner from Stancato's and have all the wonderful events that are normally associated with my gatherings. Because of my experience with hosting events, the preparation is actually very easy. The most important step is making sure the house is clean and organized. And as long as I have some general idea what certain activities we want to do, everything else falls into place. The biggest question mark for me right now is the actual number of guests, which may range anywhere from 15 to 30. I've got a huge number of 'Maybe' RSVP's on Facebook and others who haven't responded, but I'm prepared for any number. Judging by the fact my previous events are somewhere in the 15-20 range, I'd be more likely to assume that number.
The very next day is the Super Bowl and I hear that Joe/Brendan are hosting an event for this. So this will be 2 parties in 2 days. I will be a party animal. Perhaps this is the reason why I've spent the past two weeks in relative seclusion!
As for reading materials, I will finish up the Art of War today and have already begun George Carlin's autobiography. George is a master of words and he and I share the same sentiments about many aspects of society. I find myself often using humor and sarcasm to address the shortcomings of the human race, except my mission is to look for solutions. Good luck with that one.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment