Friday, January 22, 2010

My personality type and facts about myself based on it

Today I'll talk a little about my personality type. For this conversation I will use the MBTI standard, which I assume you will already be knowledgeable about (if not, look up MBTI on Wikipedia)

My personality type is ISTP, which is common among mechanics, pro athletes, paramedics, etc. Now I'll list certain facts about myself which are directly attributable to being an ISTP:

-As with any introvert, I prefer to spend time alone to "recharge" my batteries
-While I definitely do enjoy being around people, it's not something I can do constantly.
-I am always working on "projects", usually several of them at one time
-I am very independent. Will follow the lead of others as long as I can have my own "space"
-Problem solving is something I naturally excel at
-I have feelings, but don't express them as most others do.
-Physical activity (sports, or anything else hands-on) is most enjoyable
-I let everything "hang out" with honesty in my words themselves, and not so much in my body language or tone of voice.
-Because of this, there is no purpose in reading-between-the-lines, and anyone who tries to do so will distort the clear picture.
-Yes, I look at the "big picture" more than small details. But I keep this picture manageable enough to be practical.
-I am creative, yet not a natural artist or musician.
-I play music because I've done it since I was 6. It's not something that comes to me naturally.
-I question customs, traditions and authority. If it doesn't make sense, I will try to change it.
-I like to take drives/nature walks alone
-Anything I do needs to have a purpose in mind. For example, if I get together with friends, I need to be doing "something".
-I usually only do activities with others which I have a common interest with.
-I am very on-again, off-again. Once an activity fails to serve it's purpose, it falls of "the list"
-I am very critical of certain things. I can usually find flaws in almost anything or anyone, especially if I know them well and think highly of them overall.
-I work extremely well in crisis situations. Always keep a cool head, and think objectively to solve problems.
-Always re-working, re-tooling, or re-assessing a situation to make adjustments.
-Efficiency is extremely important. I like to take shortcuts.
-I normally talk only when I have something useful to say
-I often "hyperfocus" on one particular task (aka going "balls to the wall")
-Leisure time is golden. Try to have as much as possible. My dream would be to "retire" early
-I learn best doing things "hands on". Classroom settings were always very dull.
-I lead by example, and manage rather loosely
-While introverted, I am still a thrill seeker
-While cool-headed and calm, I often play on impulse
-I pounce on opportunities faster than anyone else
-I hate wasting time and energy
-It takes a good amount of time to get to know me "well"

I'll find more and post them when I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment