Well folks, it looks as though spring has finally arrived! I’m definitely in high spirits and am really beginning to look forward to all the different possibilities down the road. We still have a good amount of snow on the ground but it is melting quickly and creating lots of muddy shoes and paws. It will probably remain this way through April, as we transition into the summer weather.
In the past two weeks, I have accumulated a vast amount of new computer equipment and other electronic gadgets. My work is allowing us to purchase old company equipment, most of which has some useful life left and so I’ve been able to begin building up my inventory of laptops and monitors. I also purchased a Slingbox HD which I connect to my satellite receiver so I can broadcast my TV signal to all the rest of the computers in my house as well as on the internet (if I ever have a burning desire to watch TV while I’m not at home and there’s no cable service – an unlikely occurrence. I got a couple new laptops which will be used to drive the projector screens in my living room and basement.
One of my next projects coming up is to devise a plan for procuring/mounting flat panel LCD screens in various rooms in my house. I currently have an LCD in my kitchen and quasi-media room (which currently doubles as my bedroom) but I’d like to improve the aesthetics and such. I’m not sure how crazy I’ll go with this yet, and I really don’t want to break the bank either. Also on my wish list is to build a new desktop gaming computer, and hopefully give me some additional inspiration to keep up on the current technology.
As I could probably predict, my Achilles’ has been less than cooperative the past couple weeks, possibly due to the weather change and being forced to walk on uneven snowy surfaces. The yoga/stretching seems to help a little bit and I finally decided to soak it in hot water, which I really need to do on a more consistent basis. If I needed, I could probably still play ball at any point…but I really want to get as close to 100% if possible.
I’m learning a lot about myself right now. From the content of my previous blogs, one can easily follow the trail of patterns I am leaving with all the personality talk and discovery. I never really realized how many of my points of view and lifestyle actions are so conflicting. In a sense I am very happy to have such a unique perspective, but on the other hand I’m limiting my progress. In the end, I think it will be all for the best.
Looking back at my 5-year plan, I realize that the entire premise of it was to live in an entirely easygoing, laid back ISTP mindset. And once the 5 years ended, it was supposed to become a time to get serious, organized, and be a real go-getter much like an ESTJ. However, now I realize that however easy it may be to “flip a switch” temporarily, it is often something that is not natural and will cause more disturbances over the long haul. The prevailing theory is that temperament is acquired at birth, and natural tendencies cannot be changed. Therefore, it is counterproductive (and even unhealthy) to try to live the lifestyle or temperament of someone I am not. So that of course beckons the million dollar question, who am I? Back to square one I guess. One of the feelings that I may have insinuated in my most recent writings (many of which have NOT been posted here) was that I may be uncomfortable in my own skin. This is definitely not the case. If anything, I have been too comfortable and haven’t had the desire to dream bigger and better things. If anything, my drive was severely lacking during the 5-year plan and apathy was the reigning attitude. The transition out of this mindset has taken longer than I originally thought.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment