Monday, March 1, 2010

Happy new month of March

I always talk about how weather dictates my mood and there's really no doubt about it. March is an interesting month because the temps can be really swingy, especially from year to year. Last year, we were consistently in the 50's and 60's for almost the entire month which spelled an unusually early end to winter. I can only hope the same holds true for this season.

The weekend went well as always (I haven't seen a "bad" weekend in a VERY long time), which probably means that I should have more of them. Or at the very least I should try to do more of the same things during the week, right? Unfortunately, sleeping until noon isn't really an option. So Saturday I did some shopping, cleaning and finally hosted my second monthly "Tabletop Game Night". Everything went well there and everyone seemed to have a good time. Sunday was spent taking Sasha to the Q to watch the Lake Erie Monsters on Pucks and Paws night. Just like last year, Sasha was very happy and barked and growled our way to victory. And as usual, I got my fair share of League of Legends and reading accomplished like a good boy should.

In my next post, I'm going to break down the individual elements of my ISTP temperament and try to get a better idea of where I am in terms of my growth and which areas are underdeveloped. This will also help explain why certain activities/careers/pursuits have trended towards success or failure, and what needs to be changed/adjusted in order to concentrate effort on activities which I am naturally strong at. For example, I had a brief stint where I was teaching myself computer programming a couple months ago. I put a fair amount of effort into it, however much of my knowledge of the subject has since been forgotten, and my interest in the subject has waned down to nearly nothing. Why? First, programming is not one of my personal strengths, and certainly not something that comes naturally to a predominantly Sensing personality type. The impetus behind my motivation was the fact that I had ambitions to write (or at least envision the concept to create) a computer game and the knowledge in programming would allow me to better understand the inner workings. Then when I discovered LoL, my thirst for a new, innovative computer game had been satisfied and therefore left my desire for learning programming out to dry. Give it another 7 years and I might try again.

Speaking of LoL, I feel like I'm entering into the "next level" if you will. My strategies are becoming more refined and I feel as though I have an extra layer of confidence when I play. That said, I think I need to start playing more different champions, as I have been using Tristana almost exclusively. As adept as I am at piloting her, my potential for growth can only go so far by knowing 1 character (actually 2, including Blitz) inside and out. It's almost like learning new languages.

Then, there is the prospect of Starcraft II. I don't know when this is coming out. But when it does, I guarantee this game will take the world by storm. I predict a large amount of LAN partying during the latter part of the year accompanied by the ever-so-persistent itch to start my own LAN gaming center. I guess this is truly the stuff that makes me happy, so maybe I should act on it. We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment